Friday, October 2, 2015

October Events


On October 3, I'll be attending Eeriecon for one day. This is in Buffalo.

October 8 6:30  Brentwood Library
I'll be presenting So You Want to Be a Horror Writer?

October 15 6:30 Merrill Library
Horror Writers Association Ontario Chapter will give a presentation on horror writing.

October 17 and 18 Horror-Rama
You'll find me at the HWA ONT booth both days. I'm also on a panel about Stephen King with Mick Garris.

October 22 -25  Stanley Hotel
I'm hoping to attend the horror writers retreat in Colorado! I'm still looking for some side projects to help me achieve this goal!

Over the past month, I had a few adventures.

I was insanely busy at Fan Expo. I had a tarot reading booth in the Horror section. I was on five panels and organized six. They all went very well I thought.

I wasn't sure what to expect with my personal panels but I had magnificent turnouts for both my Ghost Hunting panel and the Tarot101 panel. I let some people share ghost stories at the end of the Ghost Hunting panel. There were some pretty creepy ones! People loved touching the Scorching Ball at my Tarot101 panel even though it was pretty cold that day because of the air-conditioning. But I'm sure I captured enough souls to propel me forward for my next adventures!



"What Scares You?" HWA ONT panel moderated by Richard S. Todd with panelists Sèphera Girón, Nancy Kilpatrick, Suzanne Church, Stephanie Bedwell-Grime, and Brian Clement.


 Ariana/Sèphera and Julianne Snow in front of Ariana's tent.


Ariana was swamped with readings for four days! It was great fun!


Author Matt Patterson came by to see Ariana. 






 Greg Lamberson was autographing at the Medallion Booth!


Tonya Liburd is a happy host at the HWA ONT booth! 



"So You Want to Be a Horror Writer?" HWA ONT panel hosted by Richard, with Sèphera, Suzanne, Lou Rera, Nancy Kilpatrick, and Stephanie Bedwell-Grimes.


 Bill Snider and Suzanne Church welcome people to the HWA ONT booth.


The Sunday morning corset panel! 




HWA had a panel opposite my corset panel but I managed to sneak a pic as they were wrapping up.



On a nice day in September, I went to the Toronto Library to see Richard S. Todd give a presentation about self-publishing. He's a great speaker and the audience seemed to enjoy his ideas.






On a lovely evening in September, I attended the nEvermore launch.

 Michael Kelly

 Nancy Kilpatrick

 Nancy, Sephera and Caro Soles



On the last weekend in September, there was a city-wide event called Culture Days. I had my photo taken by the Nuit Blanche exhibitors. It might be on display at Nathan Philip Square during Nuit Blanche but I'll be in Buffalo.

If you need editing or proofreading give me a shout: sephgiron @ rogers.com
My website with rates is here: Scarlett Editing
If you want to check out other copy writing services, I recommend The Editor's Desk
If you want a tarot reading by email or Skype or need a tarot reader/gypsy/fortune teller for your party, my rates are at Tarotpaths

No comments:

Post a Comment