Monday, December 22, 2014

American Horror Story: Shows and The Interview



First I'll share my thoughts about this week's episode of American Horror Story.


American Horror Story: FreakShow

All week I'd been waiting to see what crazy deeds Dandy would do next But alas, they chose not to include his storyline this week.

That's AMS for you.

I came into the series at Coven but even then, I saw what they would do and should have expected it. Just when you get entranced by a specific storyline, the writers switch gears and do something else.

Pepper's story on FreakShow was fine. However, it felt like filler after the past two weeks of mayhem. The story is creepy and certainly was well done. I hadn't seen Asylum but I figured that this was one of the tie-ins that I'd read about in the past.

I'm not sure if it matters what happened to Pepper.

I'm not sure I really cared about the story. I kept waiting for the "real" plot lines, the museum, crazy Jessica, the other freaks, and of course, Dandy.

I liked the story of Pepper. However, when I know that this season is near to the finish line, I wanted to stay with the other stories.

I'm of two minds about the episode.

I'm looking forward to the addition of Neil Patrick Harris as a psycho ventriloquist.


The Interview

Was it a publicity stunt?

Is Hollywood really bowing down to the whims of a political figurehead of another country?

Even days later, I'm of two minds about what should have been done about The Interview.

It seems ridiculous for a political leader to dictate the entertainment content in another country. Sony should ignore them despite the hacking.

On the other hand, Sony has a social responsibility for its customers. In this day and age, one can't be too careful about threats. There is an uproar because they cancelled. There would be an uproar if something should happen, whether related to the threats or by an unrelated lone wolf.

Sony is in a difficult position and I don't envy their task.


My Five Wives SisterWives

I should have placed bets.

When I first saw the trailers for the show My Five Wives, I had the fleeting thought that Kody of SisterWives would take a fifth wife to keep up. After all, that's what a narcissist does. And who knows? Maybe Brady will take a sixth!

I'm not certain if Kody is really taking a fifth wife or if TLC is just teasing us and its really a sister or an exchange student or some other visitor moving into the Brown's. I'll Google it later. Who knows what's going to happen with the Browns in the new season in January.

As for My Five Wives, all I can say is that I'm surprised Brady didn't have a heart attack earlier. However the stress of five wives, one pregnant, twenty-four kids, job, and school, he has a lot on his plate. Since he was tweeting tonight, he obviously will be okay.

Happy Solstice!








No comments:

Post a Comment